Friday, March 19, 2010

Registration Open for Healing Odyssey Weekend Retreat (April 9-11)

If you've had cancer and are still dealing with the trauma of your diagnosis, then I would like to recommend a wonderful organization called Healing Odyssey.

The organization holds therapeutic weekend programs for women cancer survivors and is now taking applications for their spring retreat.
I participated in 2006 just after my own diagnosis
and I credit the experience along with the kind and gentle support from Donna, Nancy, Debbie, Lesley, Chris and all the wonderful staff, with helping me face my fears and move on with my life. 

This is from the Healing Odyssey website:

Escape the pressures of daily living for a lively weekend in the serenity and beauty of the Santa Barbara mountains. Replenish your spirit and refresh your mind exploring new ideas and activities. Meet women who will understand and validate your feelings. Find a community of support and begin new friendships that can continue back home. Discover you are not alone on your journey.

To learn more, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment