Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stand Up 2 Cancer AND "Chemo Brain"

From
Marcia Cohee
Saw the Stand Up 2 Cancer program last week, and just bawled, terrified. It broke down all those little defenses that say "Oh, cancer wasn't so bad." It was. And is. Chemotherapy has taken my concentration, my ability to write and my energy to crawl to poetry readings. The greatest tragedy is not that I am sick, but that I am one of millions of cancer "survivors" who are now sick and disabled.

Marcia Cohee is the author of four collections of poems which she wrote prior to experiencing"chemo brain."  Her collection, "Story," is available through Amazon and her publisher.  She will be reading at the Ugly Mug Cafe in Orange, CA on November 3, 2010.

What was your reaction to Stand Up 2 Cancer's telethon? Click on the COMMENTS box below and let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment